(1 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking an Evening Secretary (part-time, Monday to Friday, 4 pm – 8 pm) to join our winning team, located in Brussels. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Evening Secretary will receive a generous total compensation package. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, pension contributions and more!
As an Evening Secretary at Latham, you will contribute your expertise to performing a variety of secretarial and reception duties for attorneys and staff. The Evening Secretary maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys, and staff at all times while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Provides comprehensive secretarial and reception support functions for attorneys and/or staff;
- Manages attorney communications as requested (e.g., understands attorney preferences with regards to answering the phone/taking messages/using voice mail, instant messenger, responding to e-mail, processing postal mail, setting up videoconferences, etc.). Maintains and tracks schedules and calendars for attorneys;
- At attorneys’ direction, prepares materials such as correspondence, documents, e-mails etc. Prints, scans, organizes, transcribes, and distributes documents upon request, and/or coordinates with copy department to arrange for copying, binding etc. Assists attorneys with new business intake (setting-up of new clients/matters);
- Coordinates travel and manages out of office support for attorneys and/or clients in a cost-conscious manner. Updates attorneys concerning mail and phone messages while traveling;
- Processes and monitors attorney expense reimbursements, reconciles phone and BlackBerry charges, vendor bills, and check requests. Responsible for creating, editing, and processing bills in accordance with firm and client requirements;
- Organizes and consistently maintains attorney files in a timely manner (e.g., billing, expenses, client matter, etc.) according to firm standards;
- Mans the reception desk, greets and screens visitors, determines the nature of contact, and provides appropriate information and assists visiting clients and guests with secretarial support needs. Works with the conference room or guest office requestor to ensure all items for office or conference rooms are available. Organizes messenger and transportation arrangements;
- Assists with general conference and reception area duties. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to scheduling conference rooms, setting up conference room equipment, and providing necessary amenities and services as needed- such as ordering and putting away meals;
- Assists with special projects when necessary;
- Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.
As an Evening Secretary, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful candidate must have a High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred and a comprehensive amount of relevant experience. The successful candidate must be fluent in English (verbal and written); good knowledge of French or Flemish is strongly desired; possess well-developed and professional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff at all organizational levels of the firm; ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus; and strong organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the Apply Now link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.