Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager
All the responsibilities that are listed hereafter are either directly executed by the Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager or delegated to another member of the Finance team depending on the actual workload of each team member. If delegated to another member, the Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager will have a supervisory role to assist the other team members. In general, the Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager has a supervisory role to ensure that all information that is delivered replies to the highest quality standard.
- Bookings relating to monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- The Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager will be responsible of so-called “closing bookings” which do mainly consist of bookings of accruals, provisions, depreciation and amortization of fixed assets, bookings of staff expenses and tax provisions at each closing date.
- VAT declaration
- The Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager will take care of the preparation of the monthly and yearly VAT declaration. He/she should also be able to tackle more complex questions related to VAT and work closely together with the Tax Director/Senior Manager Finance in this sense.
- CSSF reporting
- The Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager will, under the supervision of the Senior Manager Finance, take care of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the local supervisor, the “Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier”. The Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager will reply to eventual requests regarding these reporting and provide more information to the CSSF if necessary.
- Group reporting
- The Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant will assist the Senior Manager Finance in preparing the monthly group reporting.
- Preparation of the financial statements and tax returns for several in house companies and assistance in the preparation of the financial statements
- He/she is in charge of preparing the financial statements and tax returns of several in house companies. He will also prepare the financial statements of ITL and will be the direct contact person for external auditors for accounting matters.
- Coaching of other team members
- He/she will coach/monitor other team members (3-4) in aspects relating to supplier invoices, VAT treatment, bookings for subsidiaries or other transactions. Furthermore, he/she will ensure a regular control of petty cash and the related tickets.
- As an exception (in case of a resource deficiency) and in order to assure the good functioning of the department, the Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager will exercise a backup function for everything concerning supplier & client invoices.
- Maintenance of procedures manual and working instructions
- The Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager will actively participate in the establishment/maintenance of written working instructions/procedures of any processrelated to the accounting department and operations.
- Assistance in and implementation of ad hoc projects and ad hoc analysis
- He/she will actively provide assistance in ad hoc projects and, when required, take care of the implementation of such. He/she will also realize ad hoc analysis on demand.
Required level and content of education:
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration (Bac+4) or relevant professional experience;
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting;
- Profound knowledge in Luxembourg accounting principles and a good knowledge in IFRS principles;
- Broad knowledge of financial management (accounting, reporting and controlling);
- Sound knowledge of Luxembourg direct and indirect tax principles;
- Fluency in French & English;
- Ideally already experience at a supervisory role.