The successful candidate will work closely with other Executive Assistants throughout the Operations organization and throughout the company. You will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks, varying projects, and organize important events through planning accurately and efficiently with little or no guidance. You will be able to react with the appropriate level of urgency to situations that require a quick response or turnaround. You will be comfortable taking action without having to know the full picture and will efficiently solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
You should ideally have knowledge and experience of working with a global team across multiple time zones, languages and exposure to international cultures. The ability to meet tight deadlines, work in a highly ambiguous environment and switch gears at a moment's notice is a requirement. Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of business structure as well as the desire and aptitude for learning new concepts quickly.
High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is required. In addition, exceptional written and oral communication skills, high attention to detail, bias for action and detailed planning and organizational skills are a must. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook tools is also required.
Main responsibilities include: complex calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings, managing travel bookings, handling expenses, multi-tasking during ad hoc projects and ensuring successful follow up of action items, preparing documentation for meetings; assisting with Powerpoint presentations and a variety of other day to day administrative tasks on behalf of the Director. You will generally be responsible for organizing the Director’s agenda and ensuring the smooth-running of his work in an ever-changing environment where priorities can change rapidly.
This is a demanding but highly rewarding role, allowing you exposure to broad and diverse areas of the Amazon business and to work with senior leadership teams on a multitude of exciting tasks. This can be a great career move for an experienced and ambitious executive assistant looking to grow and develop fast in an organization offering fantastic long-term career opportunities
- Solid experience supporting senior management and work experience in a fast-paced administrative capacity;
- You will ideally have supported a VP level manager in previous roles;
- Experience with complex calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings, managing travel bookings, handling expenses as well as multi-tasking in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed;
- Advanced MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- University degree or equivalent;
- Additional European languages a plus;
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment; flexible;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadline.
- Additional Executive Assistant qualifications/diplomas beneficial.