Senior Credit Specialist - Real Estate
Job ID: 082825
In order to support its expansion, Credit Suisse Luxembourg's Credit Risk Management (CRM) department is looking for a Senior Credit Specialist within the Credit Risk Management team. The department is managing the credit risk for a fast growing loan book including Private Banking (Lombard and mortgage lending), Corporates and Financial Institutions (funds) counterparties.
The successful candidate will support the bank and the existing Credit Risk Management team mainly in dealing with French based Real Estate transactions and structured Lombard loans. The successful candidate is also expected to support and coach junior analysts.
- Main focus on mortgage loans ( residential and investment properties in France) including some structured Lombard loans;
- Main tasks include analysis, monitoring and structuring of mortgage related credits. by providing input on issues such as alternative financing solutions, collateral, facilities required and credit limits admissible according to prevailing credit policies, directives and in line with the risk appetite of the bank,
- Make credit decisions or prepare requests for credit decisions by a higher approval level;
- Provide professional advice and assistance to Relationship Managers within the Credit Suisse Group for credit related matters and products;
- Monitor the mortgage during the life of the loan (e.g. follow up on covenants, tenors, identify increased risks and perform interim reviews);
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders within Credit Suisse group such as relationship managers, structuring team, finance/treasury, local management, legal, functional management and other credit risk management teams within the group.
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in Economics or Finance;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in mortgage credits, especially related to the French market, good knowledge of mortgage credit for other types of products (e.g. commercial real estate) and other jurisdictions as well as standard and structured Lombard loans would be a plus;
- Sound understanding of the French property market and good understanding of financial products (all asset classes);
- Experienced user of MS Office tools, open to new system environments;
- Good analytical skills, excellent team player; hands-on mentality, take ownership and be persistent, good risk awareness and solution oriented;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, demonstrated ability to deal with a large variety of stakeholders and present complex matters to Senior Management;
- Fluent in French and in English.