Software Architect – Team Leader
We are looking for a motivated professional able to work on some challenging new software by defining its architecture and lead a team of developers to build the product. This person will be tightly integrated in an experienced and proficient team. Some members of the team already possess exceptional business or technical knowledge of the systems involved. The position is not only for development, the person will be participating and supervising the whole business including: analysis, design, maintenance testing, and/or refactoring exercises. The project itself is in regards to a system used to perform dissemination of statistical data for a major European Commission Directorate.
Nature of the tasks:
- Provide detailed task planning and estimations for the project plan;
- Designing the software architecture components and database structures;
- Production of technical documentation;
- Participate in drafting technical solutions of contractual offers;
- Responsible for supervising the development process of a team of developers;
- Meeting with the customer in order to analyse and define technical requirements with the support of team analysts;
- Responsible for tracking releases in JIRA and making deliveries to the customer;
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers;
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Participate in recruiting candidates at the technical interviews.
- Java EE/XML/XSLT/XPATH/Xquery;
- Service Oriented Architecture, Web services (SOAP/REST);
- Enterprise Service Bus;
- Relational database systems, in particular Oracle RDBMS and Oracle XML DB;
- Semantic Web technologies such as SPARQL/Triplestore/RDF/DCAT/STAT-DCAT;
- Elastic Stack, combing Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana;
- Git, SVN/Maven;
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins/Bamboo).
- Computer Science degree with minimum 10 years' experience in IT;
- Proven experience as software architect;
- Experience with UML or case tools;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Experience with programming languages.
- University degree (minimum 4 years post-secondary), or equivalent background knowledge and experience, in a computer-related field.
- Good knowledge of English.
Other specific expertise:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments.