IDF - International Diabetes Federation
Overview and Mission
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 230 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 170 countries and territories. It is committed to raising the global awareness of diabetes, building the evidence of the impact of diabetes, and providing tools for people with diabetes and health professionals.
IDF is looking for an Office Manager who will manage HR issues for the IDF Executive Office as well as the office facilities in order to create an optimal framework in line with the Belgian legislation and IDF values and to ensure an adequate office environment. The Office Manager will also help coordinating the preparation of the IDF Board Meetings and General Assembly meetings.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae and motivational letter by email to Ms Dominique Robert (HR@idf.org), indicating as reference the position for which they apply.
Key responsibilities of the Office Manager will include
- Identifies proper channels of recruitment;
- Writes and prepares employment contracts and job descriptions;
- Manages work permits and handles the settlement of foreign employees;
- Registers the new hires in different insurance schemes (Medical, Group Insurance, family allowances, …);
- Manages the payroll, lunch vouchers, insurance schemes, fleet;
- Coordinates accident declarations and follow up with insurance broker and company;
- Monitors the vacation planning and absences;
- Implements IDF policies and work regulations and updates them when necessary;
- Handles relationship with the social secretariat;
- Coordinates job reviews and assessments;
- Identifies or organises trainings.
Management of Safety policy, working environment and facilities
- Is responsible for the safety policy for the Executive Office (Alarm system, health policy, fire prevention, work accident prevention, …) according to Belgian legislation;
- Controls the quality of providers and vendors;
- Monitors contracts with the various suppliers.
Board Meetings and General Assembly
- Provides assistance for meetings of the Board of Directors (preparation of papers, presentations) and takes the minutes;
- Provides assistance for meetings of the General Assembly.
- Knowledge level of Master’s degree;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working environment;
- Knowledge of Belgian Labour Law related legislation;
- Knowledge of soft and hard HR-tools;
- Experience in office management;
- Knowledge of standard business software;
- Oral and written knowledge of English;
- Oral and written knowledge of either French or Dutch.
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good sense of interpersonal relations;
- High sense of confidentiality;
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural and international environment;
- Available to listen and address all staff concerns;
- Embracing IDF’s values, ethics and beliefs.