Risk Data Expert
The key role of a risk data subject matter expert is to manipulate, work with and use data through various Analytics Techniques to derive value and insights to support risk management at Euroclear (both first and second line).
We are looking for a candidate who will help to set-up our current risk data team by bringing fresh risk data thinking.
- Build Risk Management’s data analysis capabilities, in line with market practice and regulatory requirements. This is instrumental for further improving the Euroclear risk reporting and analysis;
- Work as a member of the risk data team whilst also working closely with other risk teams and lead the integration of risk data insights into the ERM framework and risk management practices;
- Work with & manipulate large sets of data and using various Analytics Techniques to conduct data analysis;
- Stay abreast of new tools and technologies to practice up-to-date risk data strategies;
- Coaching and sharing knowledge regarding use of risk data with members of the Group Risk team.
- You hold a University degree. Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field is a plus;
- You have 2+ years of practical experience in using computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs), data analytics, data modelling, data visualization and data mining techniques;
- You must be flexible and manage multi-dimensional data sources and formats as well as a large panel of Analytics techniques commonly applied in Audit and Risk;
- You understand the BCBS 239 data requirements and the basics of data importation and data validation;
- You have experience with relational databases, SQL queries, data exchange formats;
- You possess a good knowledge of industry standards relating data analytics and data science;
- You possess good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are analytical and possess proven problem-solving ability, by quickly understanding and analysing different domains;
- You have organizational skills with attention to details;
- You are able to learn quickly, adjust to changes and think outside the box;
- You are self-confident and motivated, able to work independently and as a team member;
- You are result-oriented.