IT Application Architect Logistics
We are looking for an experienced SAP Logistics and Warehousing lead to manage and optimize SAP LE, WM & MM specific needs across an EMEA organization having a large SAP footprint.
You have the right combination of functional and business understanding. You engage with multiple teams, discuss needs with business counterparts, write analysis documents and look for optimal delivery solutions. You ensure harmonization, consistency and maintainability over time. Experience taught you how to be fast and lean when resolving gaps between SAP standard and non-standard needs.
Your main responsibility is to assume leadership over SAP logistics specific solutions. You work with other IT and business teams to ensure that consistent, high quality solutions are delivered to agreed designs throughout application lifecycle:
- Pre-project: understand the needs of business and business enhancement team, contribute to solution modeling with enterprise architects, ensure technical fit of new initiatives or changes, and propose alternative solutions given the current SAP landscape;
- Projects: formalize proposed solution into a blueprint that is integrated with the other SAP modules. Evaluate partners proposed solutions for realization, the workload, risk and impact. Work as a project controller or as IT stream lead during project realization, this for projects between 20 and 80 mandays. As an IT stream lead, source, execute, and finalize projects following deadlines and within budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to predefined plan;
- Maintenance: evaluate proposed partners solutions, their estimated workload, risk and impact; ad-hoc participation and advice to CABs and Service Owner. Ensure support teams follow Bridgestone standards, validate completeness of the proposed solution and integration with other teams. Advice support teams on specific requests;
- Current landscape: single Pan-European ECC6 instance (being migrated to HANA), WM decentralized, BW-BI-IP-BPC (migrated to HANA);
- Context: largely outsourced organization, large variety of engagements models, onsite, offshore, fixed price projects, managed services;
- You promote standard SAP solutions;
- You also maintain or create testing and documentation templates;
- You take initiative to ensure that knowledge relevant to this role stays current and in line with SAP evolution;
- You act as 3rd level support to some functional issues.
- BS/MS degree in IT or economics;
- 10+ years of SAP experience in SAP logistics modules acquired through multiple international projects. This experience must include experience in WM and non-standard setups of WM;
- Hands-on SAP LE, WM & MM experience developing/reviewing/analyzing complex setups and identifying or implementing improvements;
- Ability to influence and motivate teammates towards standards and harmonization goals;
- Good communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate to different levels of the organization, with both IT and business people;
- Prior experience as a leader of others – experience in working effectively with geographically diverse and multi-cultural teams (nearshore/offshore);
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SAP technologies;
- First experience with HANA and S/4 is a plus;
- Fluent English is a must; any other European language is a plus;
- Should have ability to travel for limited amount of time within Europe, Middle East and Africa.