Global Sales and Operations Planning Manager Derivatives
The GBU Soda Ash and Derivatives is looking for a Global Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Manager for Derivatives business (reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director of Soda Ash and Derivatives).
The incumbent will be responsible to operate the S&OP process at Global level for the Derivatives product line.
In this function the incumbent:
- will assess (and challenge) the sales forecast over the next 12 to 18 months;
- will assess (and challenge) production forecast and related costs from the production plants (through asset manager);
- will look at understanding well (and challenge) the supply chain constraints and announced costs;
- will put together the production, distribution and inventory plan for the whole product line looking for an optimal in terms of costs (or other targets as decided by management team) (different horizons - yearly plan - monthly updates). An important point in this is the shipment plan to overseas destinations so that the shipping costs can be optimized;
- will prepare and lead the Global S&OP meetings involving BU Mgr, Sales managers, asset manager, Finance manager and where key decision in terms of production, flows, inventory targets are taken;
- will take care to communicate well this plan to all involved stakeholders;
- will take care to establish governance rules and take care that those are respected (agenda, timing to issue plan, ...);
- will follow and report on process kpi's (forecast accuracy, supply performance, distribution costs) on a weekly and monthly basis;
- will manage BFR/BSR exercises including all optimization calculations, interactions with sales, asset manager, logistics network, etc...;
- will manage a direct report (regional S&OP Mgr Europe) and have a close relationship with the Nafta S&OP mgr (and maybe other regional S&OP mgr in the future);
- will assure second level of troubleshooting in case of major issues;
- will assure all tools are correctly used.
Seen the complexity of the business environment, the incumbent will operate during 6 to 9 months as EU S&OP manager derivatives before taking over the Global position.
Following challenges have been identified for this function:
- A new tool (Dynasys) is currently under installation and should offer the ability to improve strongly the planning process. This will include the forecast accuracy, the communication of the plan, review of the plan during a month when that is necessary, the support to BFR/budget exercises;
- Introduce the economical scale in the planning process so that the production and distribution plan can be optimized in terms of costs (will include simulations on different sourcing alternatives, economical impact of those, push on projects to get sourcing issues fixed or some grades accepted by some customers);
- Set up a Global S&OP meeting scheme where key decisions are taken in terms of production, sourcing, involving Regional Sales mgrs, asset mgr, BU mgr, Finance mgr, etc.;
- Focus on communication with all the different stakeholders about the decided plan (sales, industrial, production in plants, finance, purchasing,...);
- The Global S&OP mgr is a key role and should evaluate performance of current network and suggest projects to improve the network (change contracts, consider investments, issues to fix, etc.).
- University graduate;
- APICS certification or similar is an advantage (CPIM or CSCP);
- Experience in S&OP process and related tooling is an advantage (Dynasys, OM Partners, SAP/APO/Picasso...);
- Good knowledge of Excel, powerpoint, SAP (would be an advantage);
- Fluent in English;
- Knowledge of another language (French, Spanish) is an asset;
- Ability to work with care and precision;
- Pragmatic, analytic and critical mindset;
- Good communication skills;
- Eager to work with figures;