The focus of the Global Pacs Services Deployment Specialist (GPS – DS) will be to use their knowledge of the software and industry-standard protocols to successfully implement and integrate our software solutions. The GPS - DS will be responsible for leading, planning, and deploying the installation and implementation of new installs, upgrades and any other task requiring professional services. This position will have a direct impact on sales globally.
- Provides technical coordination and leadership in the execution of the upgrade or new install.
- Participates as a technical expert and architect for upgrades and new installs, working with the customer and the AGFA Project Mangers.
- Identify and resolve technical issues.
- Communicate technical details and project statuses to Project Managers and customers
- Share key learnings with internal and external team members.
- Identify and implement proactive strategies to improve our deployments.
- Maintain Impax deployment procedures and best practices by supporting business objectives and corporate principals.
- Ensure all mandatory training has been completed.
- Ensure that time is entered according to our time entry policies.
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities for this position. As such, additional activities not listed here may be involved, and other duties as assigned by management may be required of the incumbent.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- University or college education in computer-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as an expert supporting technical clients in a high tech or software environment (ideally within Healthcare IT).
Competencies (skills, knowledge, behaviors):
Technical skills including:
- Advanced excellent working knowledge of networking and Operating systems such as Linus and Windows.
- Advanced working knowledge of Databases such as Oracle 11G/12C and SQL.
- Advanced and proven technical troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of VMWare ESXi 5.5+ including high availability configuration, SRM.
- Knowledge of HIS/RIS system, hospital workflow, digital imaging or archiving (PACS).
- Strong working knowledge of SAN/NAS storage knowledge.
- Working knowledge of remote support tools and security and image processes.
- Strong Customer service skills, including demonstrated ability to work constructively with both internal and external client groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships in a global environment with geographically remote teams.
- Strong Leadership skills – Is accountable and takes ownership for issues escalated to the team and acts as a facilitator when required.
- Eligibility to apply for customer initated security clearances such as the USA National Agency Check (NAC).