The mission of the BMS team is to provide superior treatment delivery techniques to the proton therapy system. It is namely in charge of the development of the Pencil Beam Scanning delivery technique.
The software team of the BMS has the responsibility of all software and firmware controlling the equipment in order to safely, accurately deliver the dose to the tumors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Software Developer your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the complete software development and renovation of the beam transport and delivery components of proton therapy equipment and the quality of those components.
- Manage software design, software unit testing, and you perform integration testing on the industrial equipment on site;
- Be in charge of documentation;
- Apply software development methodologies, framework and standards.
- Fix bugs and update software versions, and by doing so you participate at the improvement of the software;
- Work closely with functional analysts and users, and you ensure up to date technical knowledge for yourself and for the team.
As a software developer:
- A Master degree in Engineering Sciences, preferably in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or you have an equivalent degree or experience.
- A relevant experience, ideally in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of Java/J2SE, C++ and embedded software.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of IEC 62304 safety critical software risk management is a plus.
- Experience in the use of the Agile development in Medical devices is a plus.
And you are:
- Fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge.
- A hands-on and proactive person.
- A team player with very good interpersonal skills.
- Able to organize your work autonomously.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of your time.