HR Operations Specialist
The HR Operations Specialist is a dedicated member of the HR team responsible for HR operations and payroll. As an HR Operations Specialist, you will be the main point of contact for employee inquiries and requests. You will provide support and serve as a liaison between employees and the appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of issues. This role requires expertise in handling a wide range of topics including holiday entitlement, time registration, benefits, payroll, and international business travel.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for managing payroll for multiple entities. This includes running payroll reports, coordinating and checking payroll with external vendors, preparing journals, and ensuring accurate and timely payments. Additionally, you will be responsible for various administrative and reporting tasks such as reporting to works councils, completing government documents, and organizing medical check-ups for blue-collar workers.
The main goal of the HR Operations Specialist is to ensure smooth and effective HR operations, delivering maximum value to the organization and providing a positive employee experience. Adaptability to frequent changes and motivation to continuously improve processes and systems are essential qualities for success in this role.
- Answer employee inquiries and create a positive employee experience.
- Create and coordinate local internal communications to support HR initiatives.
- Participate in team projects and handle ad-hoc requests.
- Administer employee documentation throughout their ADBSG journey, including contract management, leave management, visa checks, and job changes.
- Troubleshoot employee issues and provide recommendations and solutions.
- Ensure proper documentation and up-to-date policies and procedures in applicable systems.
- Maintain accuracy of employee data in various systems, compliant with local legislation.
- Manage relationships with payroll and insurance providers, validate changes, perform reviews, and monitor deadlines.
- Oversee day-to-day operations related to payroll, labour law, benefits, and other relevant topics.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, operational excellence, and automation.
- Provide regional expertise.
- Support HR Business Partners on transactional tasks to ensure seamless HR processes.
- Prepare monthly reports for HR and internal stakeholders by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Keep HR SharePoint pages up to date for employees.
- Support HR systems-related projects, including requirements gathering, testing system enhancements, and developing user procedures.
- Assist in local events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Prior experience in HR operations, payroll, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, practices, and employment legislation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and a customer-focused mindset.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently.
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to adapt to changes in processes and systems.
IT Skills required:
- Proficiency in HRIS systems, payroll software, and MS Office Suite.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.