GIZ - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes, often working under difficult conditions. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ International Services (InS) offers the full range of GIZ services to a broader spectrum of clients worldwide such as the European Commission. For more information, please consult www.giz.de. The GIZ InS Office in Brussels has currently approx. 45 staff, the majority of whom are working in the implementation of EC funded projects.
For the InS office Brussels, we are currently looking for an Junior Accountant (m/f/d).
- Registration of invoices and reimbursement of expenses (training will be provided);
- Following up functional email box for invoices;
- Bookkeeping for project-related financial operations in accordance with standards of internal control, using GIZ bookkeeping-software, including day to day data input, monthly closure and filing;
- Document filing paper and electronic;
- Involvement in the reconciliation of accounts;
- Preparing of monthly and quarterly reporting;
- Involvement in the year-end closing process and preparation of the financial statements;
- Supporting the preparation of Project Expense Reports/billing to the European Commission;
- Information to Team Management on cash flow and expense status;
- Participation in the VAT recovery procedure and management of related files;
- Preparation and execution of ISABEL electronic payments and/or Western Union and cash payments in Brussels, including the corresponding file follow up;
- Management of the petty cash.
- Minimum bachelor degree (experience in accounting or business administration will be considered as an asset).
- Fluent spoken and written English (any other language knowledge will be considered as an asset – especially French).
- Full IT proficiency (all current MS Office applications);
- Able to work with precision and attention to detail; focused attention even under high time pressure or workload;
- Well organized;
- Problem-solving minded and with a service-oriented attitude, excellent communication skills;
- Able to work autonomously and pro-actively;
- Demonstrated intercultural skills, keen on working in a dynamic international team.
- The position requires a work permit for Belgium, as the location of the work will be Brussels. Only applicants with work permit for Belgium/EU will be evaluated;
- Applicants are asked to submit their updated CV together with a one-page cover letter (both CV and letter in English), mentioning their name and “Junior accountant” in the subject of the email. The cover letter shall clearly outline the motivation and availability of the applicant. Your application and CV must not indicate your date of birth and must not include a photograph;
- Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome;
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.