Modeler - Advanced Analytics Team
The Modeler role within the Advanced Analytics team entails the following responsibilities:
- Deliver analytics scope of projects on time and quality;
- Coaching and development of junior analytics resources of the DA CoE, the OpCo’s and Group Companies;
- Building expertise in Life and General Insurance and in Insurance functional domains where analytics can be applied;
- Participating to R&D and knowledge capitalization activities of the DA CoE;
- Collaborate efficiently with colleagues of the DA CoE Solution Implementation and Data Management teams, as well as of the OpCo’s and Group Companies.
The principal activities of this role are:
- Define, create and train complete statistical models based on business requirements;
- Work closely with key members of the regional and local teams to deliver the activities;
- Articulate findings and insights to key stakeholders in order to drive business initiatives formulation;
- Define the modelling software requirements for the DA CoE and evaluate new software tools on a regular basis;
- Help the DA CoE Management team to plan and prioritize capability development and delivery;
- Assist local resources in the use of outputs of statistical models in the different insurance functional domains;
- On an ongoing basis, prove enhanced knowledge and share latest techniques in advanced analytics;
- Share findings from his/her data analysis across the regions for new opportunities;
- Manage a team of local and remote analysts and modelers. Manage and coach other junior modelers in completing analytics tasks;
- Identify opportunities for mentoring, personal development, and knowledge transfer that develop local and central capabilities;
- Participate actively in the Analytics and Modelling Community knowledge sharing forum to identify opportunities to share, embed and optimize analytics across the Group;
- Monitor Best Practice within and outside Insurance Sector to identify opportunities to advance analytics capabilities.
The key deliverables for this role include:
- Required fields in the modeling database for analysis (“reference data universe”);
- Requirements for modelling database environment, data governance, data structures and processes for analysis;
- Advanced analytics models to solve business problems. Example model output includes but not limited to customer segmentation, propensity models to purchase a products, response modeling, next best offers, etc.;
- Design for and delivery of coaching and training for building regional and local resources capabilities on completing modeling including but not limited to development, monitoring, maintenance of models;
- Synthesis of analytics and modelling findings to key stakeholders and project sponsors (for instance customers characteristics, lapse reason, etc.);
- Knowledge artifacts resulting from the capitalization of acquired experience and expertise for enriching the DA CoE knowledge repository.
- You hold a Master degree in Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics or relevant fields;
- You have at least 8 years of analytics experience in advanced analytics such as most common modeling techniques in supervised (GLM, logistic regression, Bayesian statistics, decision trees, etc.) and unsupervised learning (clustering, segmentation);
- You have a good grasp of or have experience with machine learning (neural network, deep learning, cognitive analytics);
- You are experienced in at least one of the insurance functional domains where analytics can be applied: Sales and Marketing (customer analytics, customer profiling, web and social analytics, etc.); operations (claim payout management, network optimization, fraud detection and prevention, process mining, etc.) or risk and underwriting (pricing, actuarial activities, etc.);
- You have an advanced working knowledge of analytical tools and techniques, such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Azure ML or similar - proficiency in SAS is a plus (due to installed based). SAS knowledge should include Base SAS, SAS STATS, SAS EM;
- You have experience of working with data warehouses and developing analysis methodologies to address new data situations. You are able to drive work of data developers to get required input file to train models;
- You are a strong and convincing communicator, influencer, and negotiator. You have the ability to communicate strategically in an articulated and structured manner. You possess the skill to communicate data analytics benefits to non-technical and senior managers/senior stakeholders (including C-levels);
- You are a strong collaborator who has the ability to build cohesive working relationships/partnerships with stakeholders internally and externally;
- You are a strong analytical problem-solver with good judgement;
- You take ownership and are driven to deliver quality;
- You have excellent command in spoken and written English. Knowledge of French or Dutch and of other European language would be an advantage;
- You are willing to travel frequently to our different European countries of operations during project period.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.