Head of Financial Accounting Control & Advice
Your role & work environment
As Head of Financial Accounting Control & Advice you deliver optimal financial accounting processes and solutions for ING BE and its Belgian subsidiaries, translating business events into the general ledger according to the applicable accounting GAAPs. In addition, you support the Group Treasury (GT) department in Belgium with valuable financial analysis and management advice.
You coach and motivate your team to provide top quality services, aiming for continuous improvement of the accounting, internal control and management reporting processes.
To that end you leverage on the expertise of your teams in Brussels and in Manila (managing 27 FTE locally within 3 teams and an oversight of +/- 10 FTE in Manilla). The 3 teams are Ledger management & Analysis, Lending & Commercial Bank and Finance Treasury.
You work in close collaboration with the colleagues in the CoE Reporting, Risk Management, Finance Business Advice, Tribe Finance & Reporting, Group Treasury and the colleagues within Group Finance as well as with the different business tribes.
A day in the life of a Head of Financial Accounting Control and Advice
- Strategy: you build a clear End to End vision around the Accounting, Control and Finance Group Treasury processes, taking into account the relevant accounting and legal regulation as well as the impact of control frameworks like Sox, Minimum Standards, etc. The heart of this strategy should be an aim to simplify and optimize;
- People Management: you maintain qualitative staffing (including recruitment, knowledge and performance management, coaching, career management) to be able to deliver in time and on quality for all accounting topics/processes for the bank;
- Delivery/process: you are responsible for the correct and controlled build up and execution of the accounting processes. You understand the needs of the (regulatory) reporting teams and support them with analysis. You sign off on the correctness of the accounts;
- Controls/Risk management: You ensure full adherence to the relevant standards by implementing a robust internal control framework over the accounting processes taking into account the current environment as well as future needs and improvements. You are responsible that all non-financial risks are in control in your domain;
- Change management: Based on the needs (regulatory, process improvement or others) in your domain you initiate and set the priorities to ensure coherent demand and correct execution of the necessary change within the tribe Finance & Reporting or with the colleagues from Group Finance Services.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- You have a master’s degree in accounting, Finance or Economics and minimum 10-15 year experience in the Finance, Risk or Financial Audit domain, preferably with banking orientation and including managerial roles;
- You have a proven track record in people management including the capacity to empower your teams to act autonomously and hold them accountable;
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals;
- You are good in business partnering & stakeholder management;
- You have excellent communication skills, capable of translating accounting technical issues in understandable language.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.