Team Leader Trade Finance & Credit Control
As Team Leader your tasks and responsibilities will include (but not limited)
- Daily coaching of the team, which consists of 6 people;
- You will act as first line support for the team;
- As you will be “part of the team”, you will also take ownership of certain daily tasks and routines which the team performs, especially whenever there is a necessity or when circumstances require this (e.g. backup function) to assure the continuity of the service which your team provides and to assess potential process opportunities;
- Mapping of the existing flows and processes;
- Further process improvement and keeping track of these changes;
- Organizing the team’s workload in the most optimal way, taking into consideration the Group’s deadlines (cf. closing/reporting, Netting calendar) and customer needs;
- Streamlining the L/C process and documentary collection process in order to meet the required deadlines/targets;
- Making sure that your team mitigates the commercial and/or political risk of Atlas Copco Airpower n.v.’s sales by using the most appropriate and cost-efficient trade finance instrument;
- Adapting current processes in line with changes in local country legislation (e.g. import rules);
- Ensure timely reporting of figures and scorecards;
- Analyzing the figures in order to take appropriate (corrective) action;
- Timely escalation of potential threats and risks, and raising red flags to manager.
- You have strong communication skills and your English is flawless;
- You are fluent in writing, and you have a natural capacity to motivate and stimulate people;
- You have a “hands-on” mentality, act in a proactive way and you are able to function in a dynamic work environment;
- You are flexible and your customer-oriented personality triggers ideas for process improvement;
- You have a good understanding of how a complex business environment functions and can easily detect bottlenecks in the end-to-end process;
- You are familiar with the common software tools.
Education and experience
- You have a Master degree or equivalent relevant experience;
- Preferably you have an accounting/financial background and/or experience with trade finance tools;
- A first experience in a bank or in an international environment is an asset.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.