Director of Engineering, Sky-Hero
As the Director of Engineering of Sky-Hero, you will play a critical role in shaping the future of our drone, robotics, and AI technology. You will lead a team of hardware, embedded software, and mechanical engineers and collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams to design, develop, and optimize our drones and robotic products. Your deep technical expertise, leadership skills, and strategic vision will be instrumental in achieving our company's goals.
What You'll Do
- Hands-On Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and guidance to a team of engineers responsible for the design, development, and testing of drone hardware components, including flight controllers, sensors, and communication systems AND roll your sleeves up and get directly involved in developing designs and making architecture decisions;
- Innovation: Drive innovation in drone, robotic, and AI technology by staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and emerging technologies. Identify opportunities for technological advancements and lead the development of new hardware solutions;
- Team Management: Recruit, mentor, and manage a team of engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment. Set clear goals, provide regular feedback, and support their professional growth;
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other speciliazed teams within Axon to ensure seamless technology integration into our drone systems. Work closely with product management to align engineering development with the company's product roadmap;
- Quality Assurance: Establish and maintain rigorous quality assurance processes to ensure the reliability and performance of our robotic devices. Identify and address any issues or defects;
- Budget and Resource Management: Manage the engineering budget, allocate resources efficiently, and track project progress to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget;
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that our robotic devices meet relevant regulatory standards and certifications. Work with regulatory bodies as needed to obtain approvals and certifications.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in engineering, computer science, or other STEM field;
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in embedded engineering, preferably with complex electronic systems;
- Proven track record of successfully launching and managing high-volume hardware products throughout the lifecycle, to include end of life;
- Strong technical background and understanding of electrical systems, embedded software and engineering principles;
- Exceptional leadership skills with ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders and drive successful outcomes without direct reporting authority;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven approach to decision-making;
- English proficiency required, French and or Dutch are a plus;
- Bonus: previous experience with drone hardware components, including flight controllers, sensors, and communication systems.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.