Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Accountant will be responsible various accounting and financial reporting activities including leading certain areas of the month-end closing and reporting, reconciling various accounts, ledgers, sub-ledgers, assessing internal controls, performing monthly balance sheet, income statement variance analysis, inventory, fixed assets, and leases.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
- Preparation of monthly accounting entries related to revenue, deferred revenue, contract assets, COGS and related accounts.
- Assist Site Finance Leadership on various financial reporting matters to support strategic decision making.
- Leading the month-end closing and reporting processes including liaising with Catalent Corporate Finance team.
- Understands how business decisions impact financial results of the business unit and utilizes financial tools to help calculate and monitor key business targets, including revenue, Contribution Margin, EBITDA as well as asset financial metrics including ROA, ROI, IRR.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of Belgian GAAP
- 4+ years’ experience within financial reporting function of a private or public entity with an ability to understand US GAAP/SEC or other accounting standards.
- Experience in public accounting (Audits, consulting etc.), preferred.
- Experience with IFRS15/ ASC 606, is a plus
- Strong work ethic and passion to learn new skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with firm deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills and be able to communicate with leadership in effective manner.
- Strong data research, analytical and Excel skills
- Working experience with Power BI is a plus.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.