Lead Financial Planning and Profitability Analyst
About the Role
You will be part of the Financial Planning and Pricing department, reporting to the manager in charge of mid-term financial planning and product profitability.
You will be the Finance partner of project owners, driving the product profitability process, supporting them in building/updating their business case, being the guardian of the process and challenging the underlying assumptions.
This is a unique opportunity for a fast learner, proactive and customer-oriented professional to develop financial, business and communication skills in a dynamic environment.
- University degree or equivalent.
- At least 7 to 8 years experience in similar environment, and at least 3 of which involved budget management.
- Run and analyse commercial products portfolio margin evolution as well as investment performance against latest projections, identify key growth drivers and potential risks and opportunities;
- Be in the driving seat to update Swift mid-term investment plan and financial projections, ensure smooth process to prioritize investment at company level;
- Lead the build-up and/or update of financial models to support mid-term investment decisions (commercial and non-commercial) and commercial portfolio reviews to support strategic decisions;
- Understand how the product and/or product portfolio roadmap fits in the overall company strategy, get an in-depth understanding of the key business drivers (target market, competitive landscape, pricing, costing model, …) and challenge them when relevant;
- Perform sensitivity analysis and define relevant scenarios;
- Prepare crisp presentations to report key points for discussion / decision to senior management including CFO, Executive Committee and Board;
- Ensure proactive business partnering with project owners and all the other stakeholders in the process;
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes. Lead the implementation and communication to all stakeholders involved in those projects;
- May also participate in and/or lead other projects within the department (e.g. performance management, etc.).
Professional skills & competencies:
- Ability to see the big picture;
- Project management and coordination experience;
- Sound business acumen and good understanding of market landscapes;
- Good understanding of product cost structures in a network based industry, preferably in the telecoms industry;
- Autonomous and proactive, with strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to change and new priorities;
- Open-minded and solutions oriented;
- A true team player – gaining energy through collaboration with others;
- Driving results as per planned roadmaps and objectives, high quality outcomes;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills: collaborates as one across the organization, establishes constructive relationships with key stakeholders, being able to influence without authority, communicates in a clear and transparent way.
Technical skills & knowledge:
- Proven experience in financial modelling;
- Good analytical skills;
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Expert knowledge of Excel, experience with PowerBi and proficient in the use of Word and PowerPoint.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.