Head of Market Steering and Performance Management
Purpose of the position
The Head of Market Steering and Performance Management is responsible for local sales steering and business development/partnership management with the aim to optimize the revenue development of the Lufthansa Group carriers, Joint Venture partners and Eurowings Discover in the assigned markets. He/She is responsible for the local adaption and implementation of the global sales strategy and initiates action plans in the local markets. He/She represents the assigned markets towards Global Performance Management, Steering & BI as well as commercial interfaces within VR. He/She takes an active role in the definition/representation of market requirements in direct exchange with Global Performance Management, Steering & BI, Commercial Offer, Channel Management as well as Network & Mobility Management and the evaluation and implementation of local existing and new partnerships. He/She leads a team of Performance Management Experts and Market Offer Coordinators and is disciplinary responsible for all Non-Execute Sales functions at the GM location.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Development and Implementation of an optimal local sales strategy to improve the market position of LHG Hub Airlines. Coordination of the LH Group and JV strategy in the markets;
- Process optimization and development of new concepts with regard to revenue quality and increase for the assigned markets;
- Steering of the local revenue budget for LHG and JV partners by regular analysis of market, competition and LH Group & JV performance to identify action fields, threats & opportunities. Creation of sales roadmaps for local markets;
- Representation of interests towards central departments/committees incl. active participation in decisions, e.g. for “Performance Management and Analysis Session”, “Sales Steering Campus Sessions”, AX Directs round, VR RPM, CCB etc.;
- Ensuring the competitive product positioning of the Lufthansa Group across all markets including definition, evaluation and prioritization of market and customer; requirements towards Offer and Channel Management, also based on constant consolidation/delivery of market intelligence findings and trends towards Global Performance Management, Steering & BI, Commercial Offer Management and Channel Management;
- Definition, evaluation and prioritization of market and customer requirements for the flight plan and evaluation of existing regional partnerships;
- Active development and strengthening of the cooperation with JV partners in the assigned markets. Participation in projects to increase the harmonization of processes within the regional JV environment;
- Steering the efficient and effective further development of internal processes and the sales organization;
- Coordinating and steering the interface to Channel Management with regard to Global OTAs and LHG.com in order to ensure a holistic commercial approach in assigned markets;
- Select, lead, guide and motivate his/her team.
- Master degree preferably in economics/business/science or equivalent experience;
- Min. 3 years of working experience in Sales or other commercial processes (Network Management, Revenue Management, Distribution, Alliances);
- Fluency in English (written & spoken) is mandatory, German would be an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of LHG sales and related commercial units;
- Master MS Office;
- Entrepreneurial/commercial mindset;
- Ability to work independently and manage complexity;
- Experience with African markets;
- Intercultural skills;
- Willingness to travel.
Don't forget to mention BrusselsJobs when applying.